A simple yet delicious pasta recipe that's perfect for your next meal!
Get the recipe below!
2 servings of dry pasta (I used rigatoni)
1/2 cup dry lentils
2 cups veggie broth
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dry basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp tahini OR 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk Or 1/4 cup hummus
1/2 cup pasta water
1/2 6oz can of tomato paste (2.5 tbsp)
Handful of greens of choice (I used collard
1. In a sauce pan add lentils and veggie broth.
2.Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes on low heat with a lid.
3. In a separate pot cook pasta according to package. For the lentils, remove lid and add tomato paste and all seasonings.
4. Stir to combine and add tahini (or substitution of choice) and greens.
5. Stir once more and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Once pasta is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta.
7. Add pasta and pasta water to the pan with the lentils.
8. Stir to evenly coat pasta with the sauce.
9. Serve with addition toppings of choice.