Get the recipe below👇
(Serves about 3)
👉 Pesto: blend on high:
1 minced garlic clove
1 very ripe avocado
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup pinenuts
handful basil leaves
1 cup defrosted green peas
1/3 cup vegan parmesan (or nutritional yeast)
1/4 cup+2 tbsp water
Salt/black pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 425F.
2.Remove outer leaves from 1 large cauliflower. Trim stem, leaving cauliflower intact.
3.Slice cauliflower head through middle.
4.Slice 3/4 -inch steaks through one half. Repeat for other side. You should get 3 to 4 steaks.
5.Rub both sides and tops of steaks with generous sprinkle of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
6. In medium bowl: mix 3/4 cups flour, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon fine grind black pepper, 3/4 tsp salt (or to taste). Transfer to a small rimmed baking sheet/dish. 6. Add 3/4 cup non-dairy milk to small rimmed dish.
7. Dip both sides cauliflower steaks into milk. Use spoon to get into cracks and tops.
8. Dip into flour mixture until fully coated on both sides, using a spoon to place flour into cracks. Shake to remove excess.
9. Pan-sear the cauliflower steaks. Heat oil (about 1/4-inch high) in non-stick skillet and cook 3 minutes each side. Use tongs to sear tops.
10. Place steaks onto a large non-stick baking sheet (no parchment paper). Transfer the steaks to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and flip. Brush both sides of steaks with some of the remaining milk as needed, until no white floured parts remain.
12. Roast for about 10 to 15 minutes more, until cauliflower is fork tender. (Brush with more milk as needed.)
13. Broil steaks for 2 to 3 minutes (if desired) until very browned and crispy.