Curry Laksa noodles 😋 So flavourful and fragrant! Who'd love some of these noodles?
Get the recipe below!
- 2 servings ramen (fresh/dried) - cooked based on package's instructions
- 2 tablespoons red chili/laksa paste or sambal (recipe on highlights)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup coconut milk (more for a creamier version)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional, adjust based on the chili paste's sweetness)
- a handful of fresh curry leaves (optional)
- oil & salt to taste
- ¼ cup King oyster mushrooms – peeled into thin strips
- ¼ cup long beans - cut into 2" length, blanched
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts, blanched
- ¼ cup pan-fried eggplant
- ¼ cup tofu puffs
- lime wedges, red chilis
- fried veggie wonton
1. In a heated pan with a drizzle of oil, lightly pan fry mushrooms strips & eggplant until fully cooked & set aside. Using the same pan, add water & quickly blanch green beans & mung bean sprouts, then drain well. Soak tofu puffs in hot water for 5 mins & squeeze out the water to remove excess oil.
2. To make the curry, sauté red chili paste/sambal with oil in a tall pot (deep enough for at least 5 cups of liquid) for 1 minute. Then, add the vegetable stock, tofu puffs, curry leaves, coconut sugar (if using) & bring it to boil. Reduce heat to simmer & add coconut milk, then cook long beans & eggplants in soup for about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
3. To serve, place cooked ramen in a bowl, ladle soup with veggies over & top with mung bean sprouts, fried wontons, mushrooms strips, red chili & a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy.