Pineapple fried rice or Kao Pad Sapparod
😋 so flavorful and with lots of crunch from cashews and broccoli stems. Also packed with a slight tang from pineapple! 🍍 Try out the recipe below:
* 2-3 cups cooked Jasmine rice (used rice cooker)
* ½ cup of each:
dry roasted cashew,
fresh pineapple chunks,
* 1 small carrot - diced
* 1 small onion - sliced
* 3 cloves garlic - minced
* 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeno
* 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
* oil, salt to taste, Thai basil leaves
* Sauce (mix together):
* 1 ½ tablespoons homemade vegan 'fish' sauce, nước mắm chay
* 1 ½ tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce/liquid amino
1. Sauté onion in a heated non-stick pan with oil until translucent, then add garlic, carrot, and cook until carrot is a bit tender (or keep the crunch if you prefer).
2. Add in the broccoli stems, tofu, rice, curry powder, jalapenõ, and sauce. Stir-fry to combine until all rice are well coated with sauce.
3. Finally, fold in the cashews, pineapple, more jalapeños, and season to preference.
A super easy and quick meal for any meal of the day. You can add other green veggies as well. Serve warm with some Thai basil.💚
If you are using store-bought vegan 'fish' sauce, please adjust the saltiness accordingly.
Few tips to get fluffy rice:
- When you cook rice, use a little less water than requested. I have always used my rice cooker, and use my finger to gauge the water needed.😄
- Let rice cool down. Some love to use overnight rice and I do that when I make kids' lunch, same results.