One of my family's favorite breakfast items I make each week my son runs towards it and scoffs it in seconds my chickpea flour omelette you can fill it with anything we like mushrooms pepper and vegan cheese.
Makes 2 Chickpea Flour Omelettes
120g chickpea flour
1/4 TSP baking soda
Garlic powder 1/2 TSP
Pinch of black salt (egg salt)
1 tbsp nooch
1 tbsp olive oil
2 TSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup plant milk ( I use oat )
1/2 cup water
1. Save the chickpea flour, baking soda, garlic powder, black salt, salt and pepper into a bowl. Then adding the rest of the ingredients and mix until there is no lumps.
2. Set this mixture aside while you prepare the filling I normally chop up some mushrooms onions and peppers and fry them over with a lot of salt and pepper and liquid smoke then transferred into a bowl.
3. Oil a frying pan and place it on medium heat put half the mixture in the frying pan and let cook for 5-minutes it should be set on top then flip.
4. Put your feeling on one half of the omelette and add vegan cheese on top of it cover with a pan lid for five minutes. ( You might get a lot of condensation build-up on your lid so every minute or so lift the lid and wipe off any condensation)
5. After 5 minutes the full omelette will be cooked through and the cheese will be melted fold over the other side of the omelette and plate up and serve.