Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Chocolatey, cakey, and super moist!
Get the recipe:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar, I used cane sugar
½ cup of canola oil or softened coconut oil, I used canola oil
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1 medium banana, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Make the vegan buttermilk mixture. Combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Using a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar together.
4. Combine the canola oil, mashed banana, and vanilla to the buttermilk mixture and whisk.
5. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix for 1-2 minutes. DO NOT overmix your batter. Slowly fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and one sliced banana (optional) on top of the batter.
7. Bake loaf for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let completely cool outside of the loaf pan for at least 1 hour before slicing.